On May 20th, the MED released a compliance tip for Industrial Hemp Product. This bulletin applies to the following business types:
- CDPHE registered CBD product manufacturers that would like to sell their products to dispensaries
- Medical and Retail Marijuana Stores that plan on selling industrial hemp products
- Medical and Retail Marijuana Products manufacturers that would like to use industrial hemp products in the formulation of their licensed products
- Medical and Retail Marijuana Testing Facilities
We encourage the industry stakeholders mentioned above to read the MED compliance tip for Industrial Hemp Product to understand how it might affect their business.
- Plant material from an Industrial Hemp plant, such as flower, trim, fan leaves, or whole plant, is not considered Industrial Hemp Product.
- Industrial Hemp Products must be tested prior to sales to Medical or Retail Marijuana Stores.
- Only CDPHE registered hemp/CBD businesses can sell their Industrial Hemp Products to Medical or Retail Marijuana Stores.
- Industrial Hemp Products that will be sold in Stores or to be used in the formulation of Medical or Retail Marijuana Product must be tested for:
Q: My company is located in another state, can I test at a Colorado Marijuana Testing Facility?
If you are a hemp farmer or CBD product manufacturer located in another state, you cannot send your samples to a Colorado Marijuana Testing Facility. We recommend sending your samples to our sister laboratory, Botanacor Laboratories. Botanacor is the leading national hemp and CBD product testing laboratory in North America.
Q: I’m a hemp farmer in Colorado, can I test at a Colorado Marijuana Testing Facility?
Yes, but you will be required to sign up for METRC, which is the state’s “Seed to Sale” tracking software. Marijuana Testing Facilities like Agricor are required to enter lab results so that the data can be tracked by the Marijuana Enforcement Division.
If you submit samples through Botanacor, your data is confidential.